01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : An Unintentional Hiatus! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

An Unintentional Hiatus!

34
Hello, blog! You're looking dapper today! 

In case any of you are wondering where I've been since my last post, I've been busy with my first semester graduate school! Actually, that's not the only reason I've neglected this blog. I wasn't feeling inspired on what to write about so I just let the blog slip away from me. I have tried to keep up with reading all of my favorite blogs and instagram just so that people know I am alive, haha. I figured I'd do a quick update about what's been going on while I was thinking about my blog.

Like I said, I'm wrapping up my first semester of graduate school! Originally, I was going to attend the university in my hometown to get my MBA. After talking to the director of the program and really thinking about it, I decided I didn't want to get my MBA. I know that is CRAZY for some people to hear, but I just didn't think it would benefit me as much as I thought it would. Therefore, I'm getting my Master's of Arts in Leadership Studies. This was kind of an unexpected blessing that God brought in my life. It has been stressful because of classmates at some points, but honestly these classes are something that I can take with me in any potential job that I will have. It's led me to believe that almost anybody can be a manager, but it takes special people like Nelson Mandela to be an actual "leader" to motivate people to follow them. 

Kentucky football had a rough season this year, with only 2 wins. I still love my wildcats though and I think Coach Stoops can turn things around. I hope so anyways 

Kentucky basketball has been exciting to watch although frustrating at times. In some games, you can tell that they are freshman but I think progress has been made. Last night was a tough loss to Baylor but hopefully they will be able to come back and beat UNC next weekend! My boyfriend's amazing family took me to the Michigan State vs. Kentucky game as part of the Champions Classic November 12 and it was so cool to be at a sporting event like that. The United Center is beautiful and while I was surrounded by MSU/Duke/Kansas fans, it was still a pretty great time. I'm so thankful that we were able to go and although I wasn't happy about it at the time, I'm glad my boyfriends team won. 

On the boyfriend front, long distance is hard but we are still making it work. We have been dating for 18 months and about a week now. Hopefully one day we can live closer, but when you are blessed to be able to see each other once a month, you realize how good you have it compared to other LDRs. He motivates me to be a better person and I don't know what I'd do without him now that he's in my life. 

There's a quick update about my life recently! Hopefully I will start posting more especially with the Christmas season and everything. I was adventurous and went Black Friday shopping for the 2nd year in a row with my cousins which was fun! I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, just waiting for the last part of my boyfriend's gift to come in the mail! I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the holiday season! I think I'm back to blogging, but we will see! :)


post signature
Email Me Follow Me On Bloglovin Follow Me On Twitter Follow Me On Instagram Follow Me On Pinterest
35 36 37 38