01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : When My Bestie Came To Town 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

When My Bestie Came To Town

34
Hello! I hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did because my bestie that I met while we were doing the Disney College Program came to see me this weekend! She got here on Friday and left yesterday so naturally I've been sad ever since! We explored my hometown on Friday and ventured to Nashville on Saturday. I'll let the pictures do the talking instead of a long text post!

Friday
When she got here, we relaxed and caught up at my house for a little while before we went on our adventures! We drove around town showing the highlights and went to the mall. When we are together, we LOVE shopping! I'm pretty sure we spent like an hour in my Forever 21 store alone. After shopping, we went to this place called the Liquor Barn. It's essentially got any kind of alcohol you can think of and then some more. 


I definitely need to try these sometime. 
After exploring there, it was time to get some food so we went to one of my favorite local Mexican restaurant. We ended up having a movie night at my house since we were waking up early on Saturday to drive to Nashville! 

Saturday
Let's see, I think the better question to ask is what did we NOT do in Nashville on Saturday? We walked around Broadway, tried on cowboy boots/hats, and went to Savannah's Candy Kitchen. I showed her the Ryman Auditorium, the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum, The Opryland Hotel, The Grand Ole Opry, and Opry Mills mall. Of course we had to do more shopping in Nashville! Here's some pics from Saturday.

We played with masks at this shop downtown

The Batman Building (because nobody actually calls it the AT&T building)
The Grand Ole Opry

Besties reunited!

We did A LOT of walking over the course of the day! 

Yummy Cheesecake Factory for dinner! Grilled Chicken & Avocado Club Sandwich is SO good!

Instagram pics! 

More instagram pics!

Sunday
On Sunday we were exhausted from all of the adventures we had on Saturday, so we slept in! We went to lunch at Zaxby's because we had been craving chicken fingers. I don't know if it's just me or what, but something about fried chicken on Sunday just works. My bestie left about 1 which was sad. The rest of the day my mom and I were pretty lazy. We went to the grocery store where I got the ingredients to make these homemade Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip cookies. It was my first time making them from scratch and they aren't bad if I say so myself! I scaled down the recipe to only make 1 dozen, but as you can see I made them pretty big so I only got 8 out of the batter! I may or may not have used an ice cream scoop to make them instead of doing them in 1 tablespoon increments like the recipe told me too. Oops, I guess I just wanted bigger cookies. The original recipe makes FOUR DOZEN! I definitely don't need 48 cookies so I'll live with my 8 that I made! 


Overall, I had a great weekend and I'm already counting down til August because that is the next time I will see my boyfriend AND my bestie! I'm going up to Chicago for my boyfriend's brother's wedding and I may stay an extra couple of days so bestie and I can have more adventures! I hope you all are having a great Monday! 


post signature
Email Me Follow Me On Bloglovin Follow Me On Twitter Follow Me On Instagram Follow Me On Pinterest

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38