01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Pinterest + Copycat Zaxby's Sauce Recipe 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Pinterest + Copycat Zaxby's Sauce Recipe

34
Hello, all! 

Today has been a pretty lazy Saturday minus my run this morning. Normally I don't post on Saturdays, but I just had to share this with you! How many times do you go to a restaurant and wish that you could copy a recipe at home for that sauce that you had? I know that happens to me at this local chicken fast food chain called Zaxby's. If you live north of Southern Indiana, chances are you've never heard of the chain. However, all my southeast US people, you know what I'm taking about! Here are some pictures of the places that I'm talking about today: 

Source


Big Zax Snak Meal -- Source Here
Raising Cane's has a similar business. They have fun names for their meals like the three finger combo(similar to the Big Zax Snack Meal), The Caniac, and The Box.

Source Here

3 Finger Combo -- Source Here

 Zaxby's has more options, but both places serve this sauce with their chicken fingers that compliments it so well. It makes the chicken taste better and goes great with the fries too. Yes, I have no problem in admitting that I love these fast food chains. I hope this doesn't offend their owners and fans of each, but the sauces DO taste kind of similar. Recently, I was browsing Pinterest and I came across this pin:
Copycat Zax Sauce -- Source Here
The next day, I found this pin. 
Copycat Cane's Sauce -- Source Here
Both links lead you to the blogs where the recipes for the copycat recipes are posted. Since I'm a fan of both places, I had to try them out. Here are the recipes:

Copycat Zax Sauce

Ingredients 
Directions
  • Mix together the mayo, ketchup, and garlic powder, blending well. 
  • Add worcestershire sauce and blend well. 
  • Cover the surface of sauce with lots of black pepper until just coated. (seriously, cover the WHOLE top and then stir it together) Blend well.
  • Repeat process covering surface with black pepper and stir until blended well.
  • Refrigerate for at least two hours prior to use to allow the flavors to mingle. 
  • Serve with chicken fingers. 

Just to show you how similar the two recipes are, here's the recipe for Raising Cane's "Cane" Sauce. 

Copycat Cane's Sauce
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • Generous amount of black pepper (cover surface two or three times and mix in)
Directions
  • Combine mayo, ketchup, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. 
  • It will start to look and taste right as you blend them together, but it is best to let the sauce sit for a few hours before serving.
  • Enjoy with chicken fingers! 


See, it's so easy, right?! I bet you have these ingredients in your house right now. To be honest, I hate ketchup and mayo, but I love this sauce! When they say let it sit for a couple hours, do it. I chose to make the Cane's sauce, but if you look at the recipe, Cane's just adds more garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Here's how mine turned out. 


I hope you all are having a great weekend so far, and if you try this out, let me know how you like it! I have another recipe coming up this week that is GREAT for hot summer days. Come back and check it out. For now, I'm going to enjoy this Passion Green Tea that I made in an attempt to recreate Panera Bread's amazing Green Tea...YUM! 

Have a great weekend! 
post signature
Email Me Follow Me On Bloglovin Follow Me On Twitter Follow Me On Instagram Follow Me On Pinterest

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38