01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Iced Mint Passion Green Tea Recipe 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Iced Mint Passion Green Tea Recipe

34
So, originally Erin's post here made me want to buy the Tazo Passion tea so I could make my own Iced Passion Tea Lemonade. I tried her recipe and it was DELICIOUS. However, I haven't been out to the store yet to buy anymore lemonade so I decided to be adventurous. This recipe was inspired by the green tea at Panera Bread:


I wanted to try to see if I could make something "similar" to their green tea. On Panera's website, this is how they describe their green tea:
"Green tea infused with passion fruit & papaya, served over ice" 
On Starbucks website, they describe the Tazo Iced Passion Tea as "a radiant blend of hibiscus flowers, herbs & tropical fruit essences." Their tasting notes say that it is like a "juicy berry, wine-like, and earthy." Pretty much, iced passion tea is delicious. 

Source
However, lately I have been trying to combine teas to discover if flavors work together. While I was working at Walt Disney World last year, my best friend Danielle introduced me to Twinings Chai Tea. It was sold in the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot in the cutest little tea shop.  Needless to say, I became a huge fan. I forgot to stock up before I left so as a Christmas gift to myself, I ordered several different kinds of tea to sample. One of the flavors I got was the Green Tea with Mint since I had read great reviews of it online. 

Source
I went to the kitchen to experiment and I think what I came up with is pretty tasty. I posted an instagram video showing how I made it, but I thought an actual blog post with the steps would be helpful if you wanted to try it yourself. I know some grocery stores carry Twinings and if you can get your hands on the Green Tea with Mint, then do it! I'm sure Tazo Green Tea would work great too but I haven't tried it yet. Anyways, here's what you need to do to make your own Iced Mint Passion Green Tea which was inspired by Panera's Green Tea. Note: I'm not saying that my tea tastes like Panera's, but it is still delicious. 

Iced Mint Passion Green Tea

Ingredients
1 Tazo Iced Passion Tea Filterbag
4 Twining's Mint Green Tea Filterbags
2 Quarts of Water
Sugar to sweeten (optional)

Directions
1) Fill teapot with one quart of water and bring to an almost boil. 
2) Pour your hot water into the pitcher that you will be serving the tea in. Place the Tazo Passion Tea filter bag in the hot water and let steep for 5 minutes.
3) While the Passion tea is steeping, fill the teapot with another quart of water and heat until it is about to start boiling (you don't want it to actually boil).
4) By the time the water gets to this point, your passion tea has been steeping for about 3 minutes. Pour the second quart of water into the same pitcher and place the 4 mint green tea filterbags into the pitcher.
5) Let the passion tea and the mint green tea steep together for 2 minutes.
6) Remove teabags and use a spoon to combine the flavors. 
7) If you would like to sweeten your iced mint passion green tea, now is the time to add your sugar or sweetener of choice. I used basic granulated sugar, but you can use whatever. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
8) Let refrigerate until cool OR serve immediately over ice. I would recommend letting it cool in the refrigerator and then serve it over ice. It's great either way though.
9) Sit back, relax, and enjoy your tea! 




Pretty much, follow the instructions on the box with how to make 1 quart of tea. I made the mistake of using 1 quart of water to make green tea before and then filling the pitcher with another quart of water. If you do this, it will just water down your tea and it is NOT very good. If you want to combine teas, it's best to use 2 quarts of water(1 for each kind of tea). I made the Passion Tea first because it required 5 minutes to steep while the Mint Green Tea just required two minutes. I used 4 Mint Green Tea filterbags because that is what the instructions on the box told me to do. I realize it isn't green like Panera's, but I love the pink color that it has. If you try this recipe out, as always let me know! I hope you all are having a great Wednesday! 

post signature
Email Me Follow Me On Bloglovin Follow Me On Twitter Follow Me On Instagram Follow Me On Pinterest

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38