01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Chipotle Corn Salsa, CoverGirls, and Cookbooks -- A Week in Review 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Chipotle Corn Salsa, CoverGirls, and Cookbooks -- A Week in Review

34
Hello, all! 

Happy Friday! I don't have too much to bring to you all today, but I'll thought I'd go a highlight post! I read lots of great posts this week, like...
  1. How to make Copy Cat Chipotle Corn Salsa from Erin over at Two Thirds Hazel. I might have to run to the grocery this afternoon and get the yummy ingredients to make this! 
  2. I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 14 months so at the moment I'm not single, but guys, DON'T buy your girlfriends cookbooks! It might just run them away like it did Whitney! 
  3. If you have been following me for a while, you might remember that I posted about my mom wanting to repaint her kitchen. Mikaela has been spilling the details all about the HGTV Smart Home 2013 and I LOVED seeing all the details on that kitchen! I love the wall color, maybe I could talk my mom into doing that color? I'm kind of obsessed as it's one of my favorite colors.
  4. It's summer and this passion tea lemonade is calling my name! Erin at Sweetness Itself posted that recipe on her blog and I can't wait to try it out! I love the Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks so it will be great to make it at home and save the money! 
  5. On a sad note, this week a CoverGirl received her angel's wings. Talia Castellano passed away after battling cancer. She was only 13 years old but many people knew her as a brave, encouraging teenage role model for many girls. I loved the post that Jordon wrote yesterday. Talia was featured on Ellen's show and just to give you an idea of who she is, here are two videos. 

The first video is introducing Talia and the second video is how Talia stays so positive. She says a little fishy told her to "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" which is the point that brought me to tears. As you probably know, Ellen plays Dory in "Finding Nemo" so it's just a really great thing to have Talia meet one of her idols. Rest in peace, sweet girl. 

I don't want you to leave on a sad note, so here are my posts from this week:

Monday - I posted about when my bestie came to town and we explored Nashville.
Tuesday - I did a "Travel Tuesday" type post and I made a list of 5 places that I'd love to visit in the United States.
Wednesday - I linked up with The Vintage Apple and posted about some Pinspirational Pins

I'm slowly getting better at trying to post everyday, but sometimes, I just have NOTHING to write about. I see all these great posts and it amazes me how some people can write so many quality posts. Any tips on how to get over writer's block? Let me know. While you all are thinking about that, I'm going to go enjoy my Friday! I hope you all have a great weekend! 

post signature
Email Me Follow Me On Bloglovin Follow Me On Twitter Follow Me On Instagram Follow Me On Pinterest

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38