01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Be Happy, Be Healthy 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Be Happy, Be Healthy

34
Hey everyone! 

I hope you all are having a great day so far. I just finished lunch so I thought while I was thinking about it I'd write a blog post about some things that are on my mind lately. 


In modern day society, we are made to believe that to be thin is to be beautiful. Personally, I disagree with this thought process of "I can only be beautiful if I'm thin like -insert celebrity name here-". There are weight loss shows on TV, weight loss blogs, fad diets, cleanses, pills, weight loss surgeries and SO much more. People want to be thin because they think that it will make them feel happier, feel more beautiful, and more successful in the workplace. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit to some of you, but I know there are others out there that will agree with me. 

Source
I am no different from a lot of women. I have struggled with body image issues, especially since returning from Disney. When I was at Disney, I was active ALL the time. Sometimes I would only eat  one meal a day, because I was too busy working, sleeping or doing something else. That was rare, but it happened. I would go on walks at nights with friends, walk around the parks, stand up during my 6-8 hour shifts, lift things during stocking shifts and go shopping. Yes, I'm counting shopping as a form of exercise. Living an active lifestyle helped me lose about 25-30 pounds. I'm estimating my weight loss, but this seems about right to me. I went from almost being a size 10(which I consider average for women) to being a comfortable and happy size 6. My legs were toned, my arms were toned a little, but I had lost a lot of my gut. I was still wearing a size medium in clothes, but to me, I felt healthy. I had more energy even if my diet and sleeping habits were not the best. I was skinnier and happy. All of that accidental weight loss success went away plus about ten pounds once I returned home from Disney. I haven't been as active since there isn't as much to do in the area where I live. I'm not proud to admit it, but I've gained about 35-40 pounds within the last year since I returned back home. IN A YEAR. Y'all, that's scary. If you follow me on instagram, twitter, pinterest, or read previous posts, you know that I would love to lose this weight I've gained. However, it's easier said than done. 

Source
On Tuesday, I went to the doctor for a check up about a health concern of mine. Personally, the more that I think about it, my health concerns may not have even been brought up if I had not gained this weight back that I had lost. Being overweight, stressed, and depression were some of the causes that could have caused what I was experiencing. When the doctor told me that I should eat healthier and essentially go on a diet, that was when it hit me that I am overweight. I'm not proud of it and I still don't want to be 120 pounds. I want to be healthy. To me, my happy healthy weight is between 135-140 for my height and frame. My clothes fit better and I feel better about myself. In order to accomplish this, I'm going to start posting more about my workouts on my blog. I haven't worked out yet today, but I'll probably go run as soon as I complete this post. I have several apps on my phone that are supposed to help me and I'll probably do a post about those apps. I am not a member at a gym yet, so for now there won't be any gym workouts. I want to do a 5k so this is going to be posts mainly about my training for that. Anyways, instead of talking about what I want to do and how I got here, let's see what I've done this week to change my health.

Sunday: Completed Week 1, Day 2 of the C25K Challenge. I ran/walked 2.20 miles in 32:43.
Monday: Rest -- no workout
Tuesday: Completed Week 1, Day 3 of the C25K Challenge. I ran/walked 2.19 miles in 32:58.
Wednesday: Cross Training day. Rode by bike for 3.56 miles for 21:37. Average speed was 9.9. 

I worked out 3 out of 4 days this week so far, not including what I'm going to do today. I believe in myself and I think I can get back to where I was. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it. I'm not sure if I will be able to run today because I think I might have pulled a muscle in my right calf the other day. I'm going to try to run though. Even if I walk the whole thing, it will be better than nothing. I'm planning on doing weekly post updates to track my progress. Now, let me share something else very personal so that I can be held accountable. Here are my goals. 


I think I can do it. I hope this post didn't bore you all too much, but I'm going to leave you with some lovely healthy picture quotes that I found on Pinterest. Happy Thursday! 

Source
Source
Source
Source


post signature
Email Me Follow Me On Bloglovin Follow Me On Twitter Follow Me On Instagram Follow Me On Pinterest

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38