01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : My BBQ Chicken fell into Cider... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My BBQ Chicken fell into Cider...

34
This week's link up with saw it, pinned it, did it is another recipe for my link up post with Stephanie and Katie!

My love for cooking has shown itself in full force since the beginning of May. I have always loved it, but I would make a lot of the same recipes that my mom makes. Thanks to Pinterest, I've enjoyed branching out and trying new recipes like these slow cooker chicken tacos. The same recipe is all over the internet but it's because it's really that good. It's inspired me to try new recipes that I find to see how they will turn out. I've already made the tacos twice for my parents cause we enjoyed them so much. However recently I have had a craving for BBQ and I remembered how I had this really delicious Beer Can Chicken at the Weber Grille Restaurant in Chicago. I thought surely there must be a recipe out there combining the two.

Turns out that I was right. This is the original recipe that gave me the idea but I changed it a little bit to make it my own. They used 1 cup of beer, but let's just say I decided that I thought my chicken was thirstier and needed more than 1 cup. So I poured the whole bottle in. Let's get to the recipe!

Here is a picture of the original,



and here is mine:


Cider BBQ Chicken 

(aka Drunken BBQ Chicken, BBQ Beer Chicken)

Serves 3-4

Ingredients



Instructions

  1. In a small bowl, mix onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. 
  2. In crockpot, pour the full bottle of BBQ sauce and your bottle of beer. We had Bud Light and Angry Orchard in our refrigerator, but I chose the Cider because of the nice apple flavor that would go with the BBQ sauce. Use a beer that YOU like drinking! 
  3. Mince your two cloves of garlic and put them in the crockpot with the liquid.
  4. Now that you have the liquids in the crockpot, mix in your seasoning in to combine the flavors.
  5. Rinse off chicken breasts with cold water before placing them in with the liquid/seasoning mixture. Make sure the chicken is covered with liquid and cover.
  6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours until the chicken is cooked and can be spread apart with a fork. 
  7. Serve with coleslaw or lettuce on hamburger buns. I toasted the buns before putting the lettuce and bbq chicken on. I served mine with oven baked fries but you can serve them with beans, chips, or whatever you prefer.
  8. Enjoy and let me know if you try it and what you think! 








post signature

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38