01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Old vs. New -- Easy Healthy Food Exchanges 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Old vs. New -- Easy Healthy Food Exchanges

34
So it's no surprise in my tiny, tiny part of the blogosphere that I am trying to eat healthier. I have cut out eating fast food minus a couple times, but for the most part I have been eating what we bought from the grocery store instead of eating out every meal like I did while I was down at Disney. 

Some of my new favorite foods are just simple substitutions from what I was eating. I made this cute little graphic to show you examples. I got some helpful suggestions from this website as well! 



These might seem pretty obvious, but I still thought it would be helpful to have a visual. Today I made a turkey sandwich with mexican cheese and guacamole on a Arnold Sandwich Thin Honey Wheat Roll and while it sounds kind of weird, it was actually delicious! The recipe will come tomorrow! 

I want to lose weight and I want to live a long, healthy life so I believe that eating healthy is a great start to this goal. Exercise is important too and you cannot leave that part out. I know that since it is summer, we often reach for ice cream, hamburgers, and other unhealthy food. Healthy food made with FRESH ingredients is better for you and most of the time, it tastes better too! I'm not a dietician(although I was a dietetics major my sophomore year of college and hated it), but these are just habits that you can pick up by reading blogs, healthy lifestyle magazines like Self, and keeping track of what you eat. I'm not a professional, but these are healthy tips that I believe you can use if you're not already!

I hope you all are having a great start to your weekend. I know I'm having a great start so far! I got my last paycheck from my previous employer AND I gave my blog a new design so today is a pretty good day! Happy Friday!
post signature

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38