01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Reflections on things that matter and things that don't. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Reflections on things that matter and things that don't.

34
Yesterday was a whirlwind of a day.

Being 25 is just, "okay" so far. Ever since my boyfriend left things have gone downhill for the most part.

I titled this post the way I did because earlier today, these things mattered to me:
Yesterday, those things mattered to me. Today, I've realized that trivial things like those do not matter. During the Boston Marathon, runners were enjoying running their race and spectators were enjoying watching runners. However, everything went tragically wrong for a few people, including an 8 year old child, when bomb explosions went off. Terrorist attacks, hurricanes, school shootings, bombings, and other unnecessary ways of violence take too many lives too soon. It makes you ask, "what is wrong with people?" and "why do bad things like this happen to good people?". I am a Christian, and I believe that everything happens for a reason, but even I struggle sometimes to see how this could be part of God's greater plan. I know that because of sin, there will be pain and suffering on this world and although families and participants are hurting today, those 3 lives that were taken, those people are hopefully in Heaven and no longer in pain. As a Christian, I just want to take a moment and pray for those families and runners. Some of the runners have amputated limbs and they may never run again. An enjoyable morning of running will never happen again for them. It's devastating and I just wanted to say that I am praying for Boston and this world that we live in today. I just want to leave this song because it's comforting knowing that this world isn't our home.


"All I know is I'm not home yet. This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus. This is not where I belong." 
- Building 429 "Where I Belong."


Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38