01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Reasons WHY I love March and April. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Reasons WHY I love March and April.

34
Happy April everyone!! While I am sad that March is over, I am SO excited for April to finally be here.  My birthday is in 12 days and although I'll be 25(when did this happen?!?) I am really looking forward to celebrating. I'll give more birthday details in another post. I just wanted to give a few reasons why I love March and April. Let's begin this countdown.

5. Spring Break - This year, I went with my boyfriend on a Royal Caribbean cruise for his senior year spring break. Before the trip, it had been 2 months since I saw him last. I missed him a lot and I'm so glad that I got to spend quality time with him. I've always loved spring break though(who doesn't?!?) because it meant going to the beach. I've been very lucky to go to Hilton Head Island at least once a year since I was a baby, so that place is very special to me. Thanks parents for taking me to the beach.

Left -- Boyfriend and I, March 2013, CoCo Cay, Bahamas -- Middle: Harbour Town Lighthouse, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina -- Right: Sunset in HHI

4. Keeneland opens in April! For those of you who are familiar with Keeneland, it's a race track in Lexington, Ky where they have horse races. People tailgate, bet on horses, dress up in pretty dresses/nice pants, and have a great time. My boyfriend has never been, so I'm excited to take him when he comes down here for my birthday!


3. Easter - I LOVE Easter. It's one of my favorite holidays besides Christmas, Fourth of July, St. Patty's Day, and New Years Eve. I love the meaning behind it and I'm so thankful that God sent his one and only Son to die for all of our sins. I know I'm not perfect, but I have a God who loves me unconditionally and forgives me of my sins when I definitely don't deserve it.

2. March Madness. Need I say more? While my University of Kentucky wildcats didn't make it to the MEN'S NCAA tournament, I still enjoy watching these games. They are so intense and some are so unpredictable that it makes it so much fun. I didn't fill out a bracket for the first time this year, but I'm pretty sure mine would have been busted day 1 because none of the teams that I have really wanted to win have won. I think if there was a percentage for how many games I have guessed correctly, it would be like 20-30%. However, the Women's team made it until tonight when they lost to UConn. I kind of saw that coming because UConn is awesome, but I still had hope for my lady wildcats! Oh well, for now I guess I can live with 8 national championships for the men :) 


I miss being a student at UK and being able to get tickets this close. -- Last year I was in Disney, but that didn't stop me from reppin' my wildcats! 

AND last, but not least, the number 1 reason WHY I love March and April, besides march madness, easter, warm weather, Keeneland, Spring Break, St. Patty's day, and anything else is my birthday is in April!

1) My Birthday! My birthday is on April 13. Yes, 13 is a lucky number for me too, Taylor Swift. (I'm older so it was my lucky number first...jkjk). I turned 13 on Friday the 13th which I always thought was pretty cool. Here's some pics from my magical Disney birthday last year. On the 12th, some friends and I went to Siesta Key, Florida which was beautiful. Then my actual "birthday", my roommates decorated our apartment and bought me a cake, I went to dinner with by bestie Dani, got a free brownie sundae at Fuddruckers, and ended the birthday by getting happy birthdays from Disney Characters at Wishes and during the Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom. So far, 24 has been a great year, so hopefully 25 will be too! 

 
Top Left: Dani and I in our tiaras at Magic Kingdom. -- Top Right: The cake my roomies got me.
Bottom Left -- My birthday outfit. -- Bottom Right --Wishes fireworks at Magic Kingdom. 









Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38