01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : Hakuna Matata. It means no worries. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Hakuna Matata. It means no worries.

34
Too often, I find myself over analyzing and worrying too much about things when they prove to work themselves out. 95% of the time, they work out themselves out. Earlier this week, I thought my boyfriend/best friend wasn't going to be able to come visit me to celebrate my birthday. It's my 25th birthday and it will mark the 10 1/2 month point of us being together. I really wanted him to be there, however due to circumstances, he wasn't going to be able to make it. For a moment, I really thought part of it was because he didn't want to be there and his family didn't like me so they weren't going to help him out with the visit.

Maybe I'm biased, but my boyfriend is very intelligent, very involved with his business fraternity and other school organizations. He's graduating this May with his Bachelor's degree in Communications with a sales specialization. As many of you know, trying to find a job right out of college is very difficult. He has a part-time job now, but as far as gaining a full-time job, he hasn't had much luck. We don't get to see each other as much as we'd like since he lives in Michigan for school/outside Chicago when he's "home" and I live in Kentucky.

I'll admit, sometimes I'm way too hard on him. There's times that I just want to toss in the towel and say "this is too hard" or "maybe this isn't worth it." However, he is worth it and we knew getting into this relationship 10 months ago that it would be difficult. Whenever plans fall through, I am hard on him. I'll admit it and I know it doesn't help his stress level. I am not perfect. I feel like crap because I can't see him, and I transfer these feelings to him by the way I treat him. I'm not proud of it. Somehow plans always seem to work out and we do get to see each other. This is thanks to my parents and his parents often times helping out with our plane tickets to see each other. If it wasn't for our families supporting this relationship, there's no telling where we would be. Hopefully one day we can live in the same area, but in this stage of the relationship, I'm not quite sure when this time will be. I hope it will happen, but who knows.

Do you all ever worry about something, and then after you stress about it(maybe cry or scream or yell), it turns out being just fine? I am a Christian and one of my favorite bible verses that just happens to be about worrying too is Matthew 6:34. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." This verse tells us not to worry and to put Faith in God. Whenever you worry, cast your concerns onto God through prayer and things will work themselves out the way they are supposed to. "Worry less, pray more" is a quote I've heard before, and I believe it applies here.

I'm not sure if anyone actually read this post, but I am making it for whoever wants to read it and myself. I'm leaving a few quotes below that I like and as Timone and Pumba say in The Lion King, "Hakuna Matata. It means no worries." Disney movies can teach you so many life lessons ;)
Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his  span of life?

1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Psalm 23:4  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Romans 8:31  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

No one can pray and worry at the same time.- Max Lucado

Hope you all have a Happy Easter! I'm excited to go celebrate Jesus' resurrection tomorrow and spend time with my family.
Image

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38