01 02 03 Five Twenty Eight : FREAK OUT...and then Keep Calm because God has a plan. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

FREAK OUT...and then Keep Calm because God has a plan.

34
Happy Friday, everyone!
I don't know about you all, but I love Fridays! Maybe it's because it's one of my days off from work, but I just love Fridays. Today was an all around great day.
I woke up around 9:00 am (yes even on my days off I can't sleep past that time). Made myself a strawberry, banana, and kiwi smoothie for breakfast along with an eggo waffle with syrup. I'm trying to be healthy, but what's a waffle without syrup? So I measured out half of a 1/3 cup of syrup to pour over my waffles. It was yummy. Probably too much for breakfast but it kept me energized and full until after my doctor's appointment.
I could bore you with details about my day, but I'll save you from the boredom. Long story short, I went to the eye doctor(eyes are healthy...yay!), went to Zaxby's for lunch, came home, went to the post office, had my tires on my Escape(pronounced as Dori pronounces Escape in Finding Nemo) checked(there was a nail in my tire but they fixed it for free...yay!), went to Target(found this skirt and these yoga pants both on sale!), came home, and then went for a 45 minute walk with my mom since it was 70 degrees outside today! Throughout the day I talked to my boyfriend who had a job interview which was definitely an added bonus minus me being in a grumpy mood because of things(myjobwhichIdonotlikebutcantquityet) and life. Which leads me to the rest of this post.
So since I created my blog, I've been searching for other blogs to follow. I feel like this is the natural thing to do so once I found one blog I liked, I looked at other blogs that blog followed, and it snowballed. While I was creeping on blogs, I came across one in particular that had an old post that hit home with me.
I sent that post to my boyfriend and he didn't thoroughly read it at first(I confused him as to why I sent it) but hopefully if you all haven't read it, you will.
I work in a bridal boutique as a bridal consultant. I hear engagement stories, look at pretty wedding dresses, and help brides/bridesmaids/rest of wedding party find perfect ensembles for their hopefully perfect days. Hopefully you can see where I am going with this. I hear about weddings...ALL.THE.TIME. Let me just say, until I worked at this job, i had never really thought that much about my wedding day. Before I met my boyfriend at Disney, I was like, "I'm forever alone!" and "I'm independent, my friends are getting married but I don't have to!". However, I did meet my amazing boyfriend and I did start working at the bridal boutique. This is where I started to kind of go crazy. I don't know about you all, but on my Facebook feed, it's almost monthly that another early-20's facebook "friend" of mine is getting engaged, or married, or you know, popping out kids. Because of my job, my big sister from the sorority, society, and whatever other reason, I started to think "oh I have a boyfriend now, we have to get married after a year or two of dating!"
Enter wake up call! I had talked to him before about possibly one day getting engaged and being like his older brother, but turns out, he wasn't as ready for that type of conversation. After being together for 7 and a half months, we almost broke up because of this and my personal insecurities. I'm in a long distance relationship, for starters. My boyfriend is currently a senior at Michigan State, 21, and trying to find a job in this world post-grad. I'm an alumni of the University of Kentucky, an ex-sorority girl(still all the alpha love for my AOPi sisters), almost 25(next month -- April 13), and employed. It's not my dream job, but it's okay for now. Until he brought me to my senses and Whitney's post helped today, I have been thinking that I need to live up to the ideal society image. You know -- by 25 I should already be engaged, married, pregnant/with at least one child/or thinking about children. I should have a career that I love and a mortgage with house payments.
HELLO WORLD -- I hope it's okay with you that I am STILL young(in my eyes I will always be 5 because I'm a kid at heart who just wants to go to WDW and play) and I am not close to any of those things. I more than likely will not get engaged after being with my boyfriend for a year, and if we do get engaged in the future(or whoever I get engaged/married to) we will probably be together for 3+ years before that happens.
This is what brings me to the next point. Timing for everyone is different and this is where my faith comes into play. God has a reason for everything and everything will happen in His timing, in His way, with whomever He wants, and wherever He wants.
Right now, boyfriend and I are not close to having a family. Hopefully we are getting great starting careers soon, but for now, I'm still a pretty recent graduate and he's about to graduate in a month and a half. Our timing is not right now and I just need to relax. Before I was even on this Earth, God had a plan for me. I just need to be patient and let Him do His work.
So while He is busy working on my life and everyone else's, I'm going to go to bed. There's no way God sleeps cause He has got way too much to do. Thank goodness I have someone to calm my worries so that I can sleep better at night. I'm glad that I am loved by Him, my family, my boyfriend, and my friends.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38